- RSS Channel Showcase 2940923
- RSS Channel Showcase 9498234
- RSS Channel Showcase 9621938
- RSS Channel Showcase 8089776
Articles on this Page
- 11/01/17--07:18: _FREE November 2017 ...
- 12/01/17--08:08: _FREE December 2017 ...
- 01/14/18--08:49: _SNDHK2018 will be t...
- 01/22/18--08:22: _The incredible John...
- 01/23/18--10:18: _SND39 Best of Digit...
- 01/28/18--22:08: _Don’t miss the Malo...
- 02/07/18--19:15: _Meet the Malofiej Jury
- 02/12/18--04:00: _SND39 Best of Digit...
- 02/16/18--07:55: _SND39 Best of Digit...
- 02/24/18--05:45: _Meet the judges of ...
- 02/24/18--08:44: _SND39: Award of Exc...
- 02/25/18--14:23: _SND39: Portfolio Wi...
- 02/26/18--14:38: _SND39: Announcing t...
- 03/23/18--13:30: _The New York Times,...
- 04/02/18--10:30: _The time has come, ...
- 04/09/18--07:02: _Meet the SND Hong K...
- 04/14/18--07:48: _THANK YOU SND HONG ...
- 06/01/18--19:26: _Behind TIME magazin...
- 06/08/18--03:51: _#SND AMS: Smart New...
- 08/19/18--05:09: _How to start a phot...
- 11/01/17--07:18: FREE November 2017 calendar wallpaper + anniversaries and events
- 12/01/17--08:08: FREE December 2017 calendar wallpaper + anniversaries and events
- 01/28/18--22:08: Don’t miss the Malofiej World Summit
- 02/07/18--19:15: Meet the Malofiej Jury
- 02/24/18--05:45: Meet the judges of SND39
- 02/24/18--08:44: SND39: Award of Excellence Winners
- 02/25/18--14:23: SND39: Portfolio Winners
- 04/02/18--10:30: The time has come, let’s go to SND Hong Kong
- 04/09/18--07:02: Meet the SND Hong Kong speakers
- 04/14/18--07:48: THANK YOU SND HONG KONG 2018
- 06/01/18--19:26: Behind TIME magazine’s drone cover: A Q&A with D.W. Pine
- 06/08/18--03:51: #SND AMS: Smart News Design Conference
- 08/19/18--05:09: How to start a photography business
Download the November 2017 SND wallpaper created by EDEL RODRIGUEZ or download the 2017 full SND Calendar with the most important events of the year and of course SND events. SHOWCASE is SND’s new space for designers to show their works in print and online. Be proud of your work and inspire others to be creative. Did you […]
Download the November 2017 SND wallpaper created by Fê or download the 2017 full SND Calendar with the most important events of the year and of course SND events. SHOWCASE is SND’s new space for designers to show their works in print and online. Be proud of your work and inspire others to be creative. Did you or […]
SND Region 19 — Asia, South-Pacific is delighted to announce the SND Hong Kong Infographic Summit on April 13-15, 2018. Infographics are an important tool for innovative storytelling and crucial for attracting young readers. This is a unique opportunity to meet and learn from some of the best infographics minds in the international market. We […]
He is currently Global Head of Computational Design + Inclusion at Automattic. Previously, he received the White House’s National Design Award, was a tenured research professor at the MIT Media Lab and served as the President of the Rhode Island School of Design.
The time to enter this year’s Best of Digital Design may have passed, but we are still looking for your input in nominating organizations from around the world for our World’s Best. So PLEASE – Nominate! This can be your or some other’s organization/publication that you feel has been leading the industry in how to […]
There's a lot going on right now in the industry. Workshops, competitions and trainings. It's hard to keep track! But, you definitely won't want to miss following along during the Malofiej World Summit.
It’s almost time for Malofiej. The Malofiej Awards have since 1993 given recognition to the best infographicspublished in print and on-line across the globe. Every March an international jury meets for nearly four days at the School of Communication at the University of Navarra in Pamplona (Spain). They select those works worthy of gold, silver or bronze medals from […]
The Society for News Design is proud to announce the results of the 2017 Edition of its Best of Digital Design Competition. 13 judges, from across the United States and around the globe, reviewed more than 1,000 entries during 2 days of judging at Northwestern University’s Medill campus in Washington, D.C. This is the sixth […]
From a large body of extraordinary work, the “World’s Best” finalists were unique but ultimately folded into two categories of design accomplishment: platform excellence and storytelling strength. The best platforms emphasized refined presentations of depth and volume — or established new models for brevity and efficient comprehension. And the best storytelling entries stood out as […]
The annual SND Best of News Design competition brought 27 professionals to St. Petersburg to judge the best work of 2017. The judges are broken into five groups — News, Features, Long Form, Visuals, and World’s Best. There are also two conflict judges. News Judging front pages, news, sports, metro and business section, as well as breaking news […]
Category 3Ba, News Design Publication: The Straits Times Executive Infographics Journalist: Celestino Gulapa Regional Correspondent: Charissa Yong Deputy Art Editor: Michael Dizon Category 4C, Breaking News Topics Publication: BILD am SONNTAG Art Director: Saulo Santana Chief Editor: Marion Hom Category 4F, Breaking News Topics — ISIS/Terrorism Publication: La Nación Designers: Carolina Valls, Daniel Racaschieri, Andrés […]
A selection of winners from our portfolio categories for SND 39. This page will be updated as more portfolios are awarded. Why we need quantitative historical studies Yi Zhao The Economic Observer Award of Excellence 8E.c, Individual, Combination Portfolio Warriors against cyber attacks Arwa Al Zajedi Al Shabiba Award of Excellence […]
The five World’s Best judges have narrowed down entries to the final 7. Entries are evaluated on writing, visual storytelling, use of resources, execution, photography, headlines and “voice” – as well as overall design. The World’s Best Designed Newspaper/s will be announced at SND’s annual workshop. Until then, congratulate the finalists: In no particular order, with comments […]
NEW YORK — The Society for News Design on Friday announced three World’s Best-Designed™ Newspapers and one World’s Best-Designed™ digital winner at its 40th annual workshop, which is being held here at The New School. For the first time in SND history, one title — The New York Times — took World’s Best™ honors in […]
SND is embarking on a ride to Hong Kong. The gateway city that links the occident with the orient is hosting top professionals in a visual communication festival. Events kick off with a summit on April 13, followed by a two-day workshop at HKU.
Hong Kong’s inaugural SND Infographic Summit kicks off on April 13, 2018. It is already a success with just a few seats remaining for the summit and the April 14-15 workshop completely sold out. SND are grateful to the sponsors South China Morning Post and The University of Hong Kong for lending their premises. SND […]
The first SND Hong Kong summit was held in the brand new South China Morning Post offices with attendees flying in from South and North America, Russia, Western Europe and of course, Asia. There is clearly a thirst for knowledge about news design, particularly for infographics and the conference brought together some big names in […]
video credit: Time Magazine So … who needs Photoshop or After Effects, when you have 958 drones at your disposal? Time magazine collaborated with Intel to sketch its June 11 cover in the sky — a composition of light emanating from a fleet of choreographed drones, about 100 meters in height, photographed from another drone. […]
We are delighted to announce our next SND conference in Europe! This time it will be held in amazing Amsterdam. The ‘City of Freedom’ will play host to a three-day event will be filled with learning, networking and talks evolving around the general theme of SND: Smart News Design
10 priceless advice for success in your new career Choose your specialization The specialization chosen by a professional photographer must be one that is deemed viable in generating income that will cover expenses. Scout your competition Visit the websites of peers and competitors to learn about their customers and how you can reach them. Some might feel […]